Few places have retained the ability to transport one to a distant world of unexplored wonders. Tucked away between the mountainous mixed bushveld of Mpumalanga, lies a remnant of such natural beauty.
Rietvaley Game Ranch is within a 4-hour drive from Johannesburg, en-route to the Kruger National Park. The property exhibits a wide array of different habitats, from a grassland mountain plateau draining into several kloof forests surrounded by dense savannah woodland and an 8 km front to the Spekboom river. The off-the grid bush camp, Wildekraal, is simple yet comfortable with the most amazing views towards the western mountain range. It can host up to 13 guests. The outside firepit, cabins and open-air shower allow one to connect with the wild natural environment of this beautiful and kind retreat.
Rietvaley has numerous plains game species including big kudu, impala, nyala, klipspringer, duiker, zebra, baboon, warthogs, waterbuck, common reedbuck, wildebeest and bushbuck. Dangerous game include leopard (not huntable) and buffalo. It is perfect for both rifle and bow hunting.
- Size15,000 acres (7,000 hectares)
- TerrainHighveld savannah with steep mountains descending to thick lowveld riverine bush
- Accessibility190 miles from OR Tambo International Airport (JNB)
- AnimalsBuffalo and plains game
- Malaria low risk area
- AccommodationSix thatched cabins with ensuite bathroom, Lounge, bar and dining room, Wi-Fi and solar power